As promised I have an update on my Extra Life plans for this year. I’m going to be running Dungeons & Dragons all day long, perhaps with a break to play a board game or two as a palette cleanser. I’m hoping to live stream, but that will depend on getting some tech together in time. But at the very least I’ll be live-tweeting the crap out of every moment, with copious pictures and the odd video.
And you can get involved! If you want to play at my table for a shift, you need to do two things:
1) Donate a minimum of $20 to my Extra Life campaign (or be participating in Extra Life yourself), and
2) Send me an email at email@example.com with your name, phone #, and the shift you’d like to play (8am-Noon, Noon-4pm, 4pm-8pm, 8pm-Midnight, Midnight-4am, 4am-8am). I can take five players per shift, and I’ll let you know when you email me if the shift you want is available. You can sign up for multiple shifts, but make sure you can be there for everything.
Location is still TBA, but you’ll be responsible for transportation to and from, so keep that in mind if you sign up for late night/early morning games when transit isn’t running. I’ll have some snacks and maybe a dinner available (likely chili in the slow cooker) and coffee on, but please bring any snacks you particularly want.
If you don’t have time to play, you can still get involved in our game! Donate at the various levels to unlock the different ways you can affect the game:
- $5 – Give a free re-roll to the players or DM, you choose.
- $10 – Give the party a free Potion of Healing
- $20 – Specify an NPC that I’ll work into whatever situation the players currently face. Just give me the NPC’s occupation, one personality trait, one physical trait in the Notes section along with your donation
- $50 – Pick a monster they’ll have to encounter; OR, Give a random player a +2 bonus to a random ability score
- $100 – I’ll grant the party an Uncommon or better magic item.
- $250 – You decide what magic item the party gets.
- $500 – The party will encounter the malevolent artifact of your choice. Hilarity will ensue.
I’ll have more details going up soon, including a streaming link when/if I have it.
Your donation is tax-deductible and will make miracles happen for families who desperately need them. You can click the “Donate” button at the top of my donation page to make a safe and easy online donation. I’ll also be at various events over the next month or so, so you can also donate to me in person. I’ll post details here.
One thought on “Extra Life Update”
Pingback: My Basic Session Planning | Renaissance Gamer