If I were pandering to the season, I’d try to do a holiday-themed list today. The Twelve Links of Christmas, or some such. Well, I’m not that kind of guy and I figure you might need a little break from the incessant holiday crush, so this is just my usual amazing links from around the internet. Enjoy!
– We’ll start with something near and dear to my heart, The Hobbit trailer. I can’t believe I have to wait another year!
– Courtesy of The Mary Sue, here are 12 Christmas Trees made from Books. Hey, I didn’t say there would be no holiday stuff, and these are pretty cool…
– This may just be the best thing ever: a Community/MacGyver mashup.
– Here is a list of the Nine Greatest Nerd Fears Today. I’m not certain which ones scares me the most…okay, definitely number one.
– This bit of speculation about Netflix making new Firefly possible is made more interesting by the fact that Nathan Fillion posted a link to it on Twitter…
– Here are the 30 steps necessary to master anything. It really is this simple…
– It appears Comic Sans has a new defender.
– So Jeff Grubb had a few interesting things to say about the Wizards of the Coast layoffs.
– In case you are a Star Trek geek that wants it to sound like you are on a starship all the time, I give you the ambient ship noise from ST:TNG and ST:TOS. You’re welcome.
– Speaking of Star Trek, warp speed to Christmas!
– There are some truths which are held to be self-evident. This is one of them.
– China tried to build a faux-Disney theme park, and it just didn’t work out. I don’t know about you, but I want to go to there!
– George Takei is starring in a new Broadway musical, and all I can say is I hope he tours with it. Or I can see a trip to New York in my future.
– Later turning out to be a joke, this #BlameTwitter info-graphic is a bit chilling, since I could see the GOP adopting it as official policy…
– I know I posted this before, but with the holidays upon us it is worth a second look: How to Make Chocolate Dice.
– An Autobot Transformer Ukulele.
– Back to The Mary Sue (man I love that site!) we discover that Google is working on a rival for Siri. Maybe this one will marry you!
– And finally, I give you Doctor Who “Yo Mama” jokes. You’re welcome!
That’s all for today! Tune in tomorrow when I’ll have more gift giving suggestions. And yes, @erinefraser, there will be comic suggestions on the list…
2 thoughts on “Humpday Links for December 21”
That Community/MacGyver Mashup was so awesome… had to put it up on my Google+ page. ( https://plus.google.com/100404651874739423451/posts/Eqtsfi9mXNH )
A whole year for The Hobbit!?! Darn you for the tease, ah well… the least I could do was post a link to your blog from mine – THANKS!!