Posting has been giving me issues here on the blog lately, but some conversations with the helpdesk seem to have sorted out the issue. Rather than slam you with three posts today, though, I’m just going to go ahead with my regular schedule of links. I’ll post what would have been Monday and Tuesday on, well, Monday and Tuesday.
Enough blathering; to the links!
– If you live here in Edmonton and you love Terry Pratchett, then you need to make your way to Walterdale Theatre to catch The Wyrd Sisters. Opening tonight and running through until next Saturday, this Stephen Briggs adaptation of one of Pratchett’s best works is going to amuse. And even if you aren’t a Pratchett fan, this is a darn good place to start!
– Ever gone to a museum and seen a particularly cool model or maquette? Chances are real good that White Room Artifacts built it.
– Thanks to Cracked.com, here are 6 baffling sci-fi tech flaws. The one about AT-ATs I realized the first time I saw The Empire Strikes Back.
– If you are a gamer heading down to join one of the Occupy events, here is your sign…
– Another one for the gamers; RPG Geek is running two holiday-themed contests, one for adventure writers and one for artists. And if you are both, well, get to work!
– Joseph Devon has some very specific reasons why he hates George Lucas. While I think “hate” is a bit strong, I did find myself nodding in agreement a few times…
– like moths to a flame, the Large Hadron Collider is already attracting the time-travellers…
– I Tweeted this earlier because it was too great not to share right away, but in case you missed I present: The Sith Who Stole Christmas! (still better than Eps. 1-3)
– Yes, I know, not really sci-fi related. But with all the flack some members of the police force are heaping on their profession, it is good to be reminded policing is worthy of our respect.
– This link if for anyone looking to craft a monster. You know, as we all do from time to time…
– And here is new geek site Hypable, reminding us that Geek is Chic. Well, yeah.
– Geek girls are on the rise. Yes, we knew that, but now there is a smidge of math to back it up.
– And finally, in the spirit of Christmas I give you all the Star Trek ornaments! Well, not give, really. Taunt with? Whatever, enjoy!