Let Me Help
I love zines and I want to make yours shine! If you are taking part in Kickstarter’s ZineQuest this August, or in ZineQuest and ZiMo early in 2023, I will edit your project for half price! That’s just:
- Developmental editing: 4.5 cents/word
- Copy editing: 3.5 cents/word
- Proofreading: 2.5 cents/word
Contact me and let’s talk about your zine! Use the contact form below or find me on Twitter and send a DM. Let me help you!
I provide editing services for individuals and small businesses at reasonable rates. If you are a self-publishing author, small press publisher, or indie role-playing game writer/designer, I would love to help you with your next project.
To begin with, I offer a free Editorial Assessment of your project. This is a broad strokes look at what I think works and areas I think you should focus on. This assessment is a way for you to understand where your project is at and what sort of editing work you might require. I offer it free of charge to anyone, and it is not conditional on you hiring me as your editor. I would love it if you did, of course, but if after the assessment you decide to wait on editing or approach another editor, I’m still happy to help.
As your editor, my priority is helping your work shine. I approach every editing job with enthusiasm and respect; I think those two things are key to working with any writer. Our first step after the Editorial Assessment will be a conversation, by email, Twitter DM, or Google Meets, to discuss the assessment and establish the scope of the project. If your company has an editing test for freelancers, I’m happy to take it.
I charge by the word, based on the type of editing you require. Prices include the pre-work discussion to ensure you are getting the level of editing you require, editing services, and a post-work discussion to go over the finished work. My rates are as follows:
- Developmental editing: 9 cents/word
- Copy editing: 7 cents/word
- Proofreading: 5 cents/word
- Add 2 cents a word for rush work (deadline of seven days or less)
- Add 5 cents a word for same day turnaround
- Add 1 cent a word for NSFW content, as decided by me
- Rates are negotiable, based on your project budget or potential royalty split
I would prefer to receive documents electronically, in either .doc/.docx or .rtf (rich-text format), or as a Google Doc. I can work from hard-copy if you require; in the case of hard-copy, the client is responsible for the cost of document shipping in both directions.
For All Work
Work commences when we agree on the scope and terms; I will provide an invoice with a word count of the unedited document, based on our agreement. When I finish I will send back the completed work. Unless otherwise agreed upon, payment is due upon completion. I prefer payment through PayPal; it is secure and convenient to use. If PayPal is not an option for you, please let me know prior to work commencing and we can find another payment option.
Registered charities and not-for-profits receive a 20% discount on all work done.
If you have any questions regarding my services or wish to discuss a project, please use the Contact Form below. I look forward to working with you!
- current editor for On Spec Magazine
- Court of Blades for A Couple of Drakes
- Not Another Monster Quest Volume 2: Orcs, Gnolls, and Minotaurs
- Unbreakable: Revolution
- Kobold Nightmare by Drew Dawes
- Black Swan RPG by Jack Deslippe
- Tavern Tales for Escape Plan Games (upcoming, link on release)
- Uncaged Anthology Volume 1-4 (Vol.1, Vol.2 and Vol.3 and Vol.4)
- The Sudden Storm and What the Ruins Kept by Paige Ford
- Heart of a Hero by Kelly Mangerino